Blog about Twitter

Its a very weird experience blogging with Twitter, considering I never used it before. However, it seems fun and easy to use. While on blackboard you can write till your heat is content, you have limited space on twitter. This means I have to carefully think what I want to say on twitter. I have to get my main point across in the fewest words possible, and this made me think what I really wanted to say and what I felt was important to mention. While you can quickly navigate twitter to see other people responses, blackboard (at least to me) seems to be a lot less forgiving when trying to see responses. To me its more like an in-class discussion. In class you have to make your point quickly, as you don't want to take up too much time from anyone else. While you may have more time to make a tweet than think about what your going to say in a discussion, you still have to think about what point you are trying to make with as little space/time you have to express it. You can also communicate quickly with someone on twitter, just like a discussion in class. Overall, I see twitter as a nice little addition for class discussions.

Comments

  1. I remember when the word limits were an even more demanding 140 characters. With 280 characters per tweet, it seems like an awful to present information especially news by politicians. But this restriction has breed creativity and actually helps us articulate our thoughts more fluidly. It's always a huge community on its own, bred with some of the greatest leisure media content that the Internet has produced.The twitter community took this restriction and made it their own. With GIFs roaming around any Twitter feed, it's an awesome way to see how people's small thoughts can be relatable to so many people. Sometimes less is better, and Twitter is one example of how this information works.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Networking: Better or Worse Than the Real Thing?

Blog: Advice