Social networking sites

My Impression on 4 Social Networking sites: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube

Facebook
Facebook is currently the largest Social networking site in the world. You can make posts that you can share with your friends and family. You can post texts, pictures and even video, and you can like comment or share other people posts. There is a lot on the screen when you login. Groups, ads, and posts can make it a little hard on the eyes. However there mobile app is a lot nicer, which is why I use that more. With Facebook algorithm, I see the post the interest me the most so their isn't a lot of unwanted post I want to see besides the ads.

Twitter
I only recently started using twitter, so its taking me some time to get used to it. Its definitely harder for me to follow a conversation since replies to a tweet can be in the same feed. While searching via a hashtag is possible, I still Facebook way of doing it is smoother. the 280 character limit really does make you think what to write, and you can make tweets very quickly. Its nice to use twitter to quickly see whats happening in the world, even if the information is limited. I also like how someone can respond on twitter, I feel its take forever on Facebook

Instagram
On Instagram, You can post and share photos and videos, while I don't really see the appeal for me, I like how clean and clear Instagram is. It definitely looks nicer than Facebook or Twitter, and conversation seem simple to follow, especially when the comments are below the post. Its easy to like a photo and move on to something else. While you can still clearly see ads, they flow nicely on the Instagram and look natural. Overall the most aesthetically pleasing one.

YouTube
Definitely my favorite. On YouTube, you can post videos and engage with the community with said videos. People communicate and interact on the videos comment section and form a discussion centered around the topic of the video or the content creator. Creators can directly communicate and listen to their subscribers on the comment section or community tab. Creators can use this interaction to grow and develop their content and themselves. Everything looks nice and neat, with YouTube algorithm always adjusting videos presented to you so that you have content you enjoy.  I love how YouTube work and presents itself. It is one of the most unique ways of communication interactivity of any social networking site.  With hundreds of millions of hours of content posted each day, there is a little something that everyone can enjoy, no matter who they are or what they believe in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Networking: Better or Worse Than the Real Thing?

Blog about Twitter

Blog: Advice